Resolving Helix TV terminal error messages
Your Helix TV terminal may display different error message codes when certain types of issues occur.
Find the code displayed on your TV screen and learn how to fix the issue.
Warning: Between each proposed step, check if the issue is resolved before moving on to the next one.
The TV is not receiving the signal from the terminal properly because the HDMI configuration of your system is not good. To fix the issue:
- Unplug your terminal power cable, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Make sure your terminal is plugged directly into a HD television using an HDMI cable and remove all adapters and other connection accessories.
- If the problem persists, change the HDMI cable to a high-speed HDMI cable or an ISF-certified cable and make sure it is less than two metres long.
Fixing a picture or sound issue
Some routine checks can sometimes fix an issue with the picture or sound of your Helix TV terminal.
- Turn off your devices, wait a few seconds, then turn them back on.
- Check the connection between your terminal and your TV, making sure that all cables are properly connected at both ends.
- Note which input your terminal is plugged into on your TV.
- Press the TV Input button on your Helix remote and ensure that the previously noted input is selected. If necessary, use your TV’s original remote control.
- If there is no sound at all, press the MUTE button to make sure your TV is not muted.
Restarting the Helix TV terminal
When there is an issue with your Helix TV terminal, a restart is often the solution. This operation could take a few minutes.
- Unplug your Helix TV terminal’s power cable.
- Wait about ten seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in.
Resetting the Helix TV terminal to its original settings
Resetting the terminal to its original settings corrects most technical issues. However, this solution erases all your configuration data and personal information. Therefore, you will need to reconfigure some settings, such as Parental Control and the Purchase PIN, and log back into your applications.
Frequently asked questions about Helix TV terminal error messages
When you restart your Helix TV terminal, rest assured that your preferences and settings are saved.
TV listings and menu settings
- You will not lose the preferences you have previously set up.
- Your Purchase and Parental Control PIN will not be deleted.
Recorded content and scheduled recordings
- The content you’ve recorded will not be deleted.
- You won’t have to reconfigure your scheduled recordings.
In some specific cases, the restart process may affect your recordings or streaming:
- Restarting your recorder interrupts the streaming of any recordings from this device. Streaming will resume after the device has restarted.