Resolving Helix TV terminal error messages
Your Helix TV terminal may display different error message codes when certain types of issues occur.
Find the code displayed on your TV screen and learn how to fix the issue.
Warning: Between each proposed step, check if the issue is resolved before moving on to the next one.
The TV is not receiving the signal from the terminal properly because the HDMI configuration of your system is not good. To fix the issue:
- Unplug your terminal power cable, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Make sure your terminal is plugged directly into a HD television using an HDMI cable and remove all adapters and other connection accessories.
- If the problem persists, change the HDMI cable to a high-speed HDMI cable or an ISF-certified cable and make sure it is less than two metres long.
Fixing a picture or sound issue
Some routine checks can sometimes fix an issue with the picture or sound of your Helix TV terminal.
- Turn off your devices, wait a few seconds, then turn them back on.
- Check the connection between your terminal and your TV, making sure that all cables are properly connected at both ends.
- Note which input your terminal is plugged into on your TV.
- Press the TV Input button on your Helix remote and ensure that the previously noted input is selected. If necessary, use your TV’s original remote control.
- If there is no sound at all, press the MUTE button to make sure your TV is not muted.
Restarting the Helix TV terminal
When there is an issue with your Helix TV terminal, a restart is often the solution. This operation could take a few minutes.
- Unplug your Helix TV terminal’s power cable.
- Wait about ten seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in.
Resetting the Helix TV terminal to its original settings
Most technical issues can be resolved by resetting the Helix TV terminal to its original settings. This reset method erases all your configuration data and personal information, such as app logins or Purchase PIN. Make sure to reconfigure this information as soon as the reset is complete to avoid unexpected charges.
This procedure must be performed accurately for it to be successful. Several attempts may be required.
- Press the EXIT button on your remote to clear the error message displayed on the screen, if any.
- Reset your voice remote without repairing.
- Move closer to your terminal and point the remote in its direction.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Press the centre button, ᐳ, ᐯ, and Power in quick succession.
- The terminal will restart, and the language choice will be displayed.
- If the terminal doesn’t restart, reset the remote again. If the terminal restarts, but the language choice doesn’t appear, repeat the procedure from the beginning.
Frequently asked questions about Helix TV terminal error messages
When you restart your Helix TV terminal, rest assured that your preferences and settings are saved.
TV listings and menu settings
- You will not lose the preferences you have previously set up.
- Your Purchase and Parental Control PIN will not be deleted.
Recorded content and scheduled recordings
- The content you’ve recorded will not be deleted.
- You won’t have to reconfigure your scheduled recordings.
In some specific cases, the restart process may affect your recordings or streaming:
- Restarting your recorder interrupts the streaming of any recordings from this device. Streaming will resume after the device has restarted.