How to use home automation with Helix Fi
Get the smart equipment you want and combine all of your connected devices on your network by linking them to the Helix Fi app for centralized and streamlined management of your smart home.
To take full advantage of it, you need to :
What smart equipment is compatible?
For now, you can link smart light bulbs, plugs, switches, locks and thermostats to the Helix Fi app to control them from your mobile device.
Home automation devices that are not compatible with the Helix Fi app are still covered by Advanced Security when connected to your network.
Compatible equipment includes :
Smart light bulbs :
- Phillips Hue
Smart plugs and switches :
Smart thermostats :
- Honeywell Home TCC
- Honeywell Home
See full list of compatible smart equipment
August Smart Lock
- 1st gen (ASL-1)
- 2nd gen (ASL-02)
- 3rd gen (ASL-3B,AC-R1 / AUG-SL04-C03-N04-C)
August Smart Lock Pro
- 3rd gen (ASL-03, AC-R1 / AUG-SL03-C02-G03)
August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge - 4th gen (ASL-05 / AUG-SL05-M01-S01-C)
Good to know
How to control your smart equipment with Helix Fi
- Connect to the Helix Fi app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Home tab at the bottom of the screen.
- All of your linked compatible equipment will be displayed in their respective sections with adjustable settings.
- Control your equipment according to its functionality:
- Light: Turn on and off by pressing/sliding the round button.
- Thermostat: Adjust the temperature by using the arrows to increase or decrease.
- Lock: Lock and unlock by pressing/sliding the round button.
- Access Advanced Settings by tapping ••• in the upper right corner of the equipment section.
In the Recent activity section, you can view the lock activity and Advanced Security history for the last 7 days.