What is a connection appointment?
The connection appointment is required when you choose to self-install your Helix equipment and we need to connect your home to the Videotron network or to check signal quality.
The appointment is free and lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Will your equipment be installed by a technician? Learn how to prepare for your installation appointment.
How do I know if I need a connection appointment?
If a connection appointment is required, you will be notified when you subscribe to Helix services or when you contact us to change your home address.
Before the connection appointment
- Clear access to coaxial outlets in your home. For safety reasons, the technician will not be able to move any furniture.
- Check if there are any restrictions in your unit or building, for example for drilling through the exterior walls, so as to inform the technician.
- Arrange for technician access to the junction box by clearing space or requesting cooperation from the superintendent or condo administrator at least 24 hours in advance to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Ensure that an adult will be present at your home to greet and guide the technician for the full duration of the appointment.
Good to know
You will receive two appointment reminders: an automated call 24 hours prior to your appointment and then a same-day call to inform you that the technician is on their way to your home.
During the connection appointment
- The technician will connect the exterior cable from your home to the power pole and ensure that your interior wiring is properly installed, adequate and functional.
- The technician will not deliver your Helix equipment. You may already have it if you subscribed in one of our stores, or you will have received it or will receive it in the mail.
- The technician will not install your Helix equipment as you have chosen self-installation at the time of your subscription and cannot change this choice with the technician.
After the connection appointment
Following the connection appointment, you will be ready to install your Helix equipment yourself, at your own convenience and speed.
Rest assured, Helix equipment is easy to install. Simply follow the steps in our detailed instructions.