What is a connection appointment?
The connection appointment, preceding the self-installation if necessary, is a visit by the technician to connect your home to the Videotron network and to ensure that the interior cabling is properly installed and functional, so that you can then install your Helix equipment yourself.
You need this appointment if your home has never been connected to the Videotron network or if the connection is too old and requires an internal and external check of the wiring.
Connection appointment duration: approximately 45 minutes.
In the event that an individual has COVID-19 in your home, the connection appointment will need to be delayed as the technician must be able to enter indoors.
Before the connection appointment.
- Clear access to coaxial outlets in your home. For safety reasons, the technician will not be able to move any furniture.
- Check if there are any restrictions in your unit or building, for example for drilling through the exterior walls, so as to inform the technician.
- Arrange for technician access to the junction box by clearing space or requesting cooperation from the superintendent or condo administrator at least 24 hours in advance to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Ensure that an adult will be present at your home to greet and guide the technician for the full duration of the appointment. The time range given is the times between which the technician will show up, for example between 7:00 a.m. and noon.
Good to know
We will confirm your connection appointment twice. You will receive an automated call 24 hours prior to your appointment and then a same day call to inform you that the technician is on his way to your home.
During the connection appointment.
- The technician will connect the exterior cable from your home to the power pole and ensure that your interior wiring is properly installed, adequate and functional.
- The technician will not deliver your Helix equipment. You may already have it if you subscribed in one of our stores, or you will have received it or will receive it in the mail.
- The technician will not install your Helix equipment as you have chosen self-installation at the time of your subscription and cannot change this choice with the technician.
After the connection appointment.
Following the connection appointment, you will be ready to install your Helix equipment yourself, at your own convenience and speed.
Rest assured, Helix equipment is easy to install. Simply follow the steps in our detailed instructions.