Check your usage limits via the User Centre + app on your phone or the Customer Centre platform on your computer.
In the User Centre + app
- In the Mobile tab, select the correct number, if required.
- Use the arrows to the left and right of Current Period to view previous periods.
- Select Data to view the usage details for the selected period.
In the Customer Centre
- Log in to your Customer Centre. Select the tab View your Mobile use.
Do you need more data?
You can switch to a different plan that better suits your needs or purchase a Data Add-on.
Any data you use is generally processed within a few minutes. However, if you are roaming, the processing time can take up to several weeks, depending on the country visited.
Note : Depending on your device’s model, the procedure may vary slightly.
- Go to Settings and select Connections, then Data Usage.
- Tap Billing cycle and data warning.
- Turn on Set data warning and/or Limit mobile data usage features.
- Go to Settings and tap Network & internet.
- Select SIM cards.
- Tap Data warning & limit.
- Go to Settings and select Network and Internet or Connections.
- Select Mobile Network or Data Usage.
- Select Warning and Data Limit or Billing Cycle.
Currently, iPhones do not have a feature where you can set up an alert or automatically block data on your device. We recommend that you regularly track how much data you’re using and manually turn data on or off.
If you find yourself exceeding your plan’s mobile data on a regular basis, your Mobile plan might not be right for you. You can switch to a different one that better suits your needs or purchase a Data Add-on.
1. Connect to Wi-Fi : Enable automatic Wi-Fi connection when you’re at home and, when you’re on the go, check for an available Wi-Fi connection.
Download shows or movies before you leave. See how to download your recordings with Helix TV app.
2. Disable background data usage and the automatic video playback feature : Check your settings to determine which applications are automatically refreshed and deactivate the ones you use less often and choose to Never Autoplay Videos. See how to do it on Facebook or YouTube.
3. Set a warning or blockage on your device : See “How do I set a warning or blockage?”. This feature is only available on Android devices.
4. Track your usage and get additional data capacity : See “How to track your data usage and increase your data capacity?”.
5. Make sure you receive Videotron notifications : Log in to the Customer Centre, select Manage your communication preferences in the Account & Billing section, and make sure the boxes in the Notifications about your services section are checked.
Create a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot so that your phone becomes a router. Learn how to create a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Go to Settings. Drag the button next to Cellular Data or Mobile Data.
- Drag the notification bar from the top of your screen to the bottom to display the quick settings. If necessary, drag it again to reveal the icons for all the features.
- Look for the Mobile data, Cellular data or Mobile connection option and tap it.
- The icon lights up to indicate that mobile data is enabled.
Create a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot so that your phone becomes a router.
If you exceed the amount of mobile data usage included in your plan, the excess usage charges will be limited to the following amounts:
- $50 for data overage in Québec
- $100 for data overage while roaming outside of Québec
Disable your data overage caps on the Videotron network and the partner network, as well as while roaming in the rest of Canada and abroad.
- Log in to the Customer Centre.
- In the Mobile section, select Mobile Data Usage Limits.
- Uncheck the boxes corresponding to the limits to be disabled on the desired lines, and then click Save.