What is Take-back Credit program?
If you chose the Videotron Take-back Credit program when you purchased your mobile phone with the Simplified Payment option, you receive a credit on your monthly payments, which is conditional on your device being returned in good condition at the end of your 24-month agreement.
The amount of credit you receive is based on the device’s estimated future value.
Am I eligible for Take-back Credit?
All Videotron Mobility clients are entitled to the Take-back Credit program if available for the selected mobile phone. New customers can sign up for this program when purchasing their device with the Simplified Payment option, and existing customers can opt in to purchase a new phone with the Simplified Payment option.
Take-back Credit Program Terms and Conditions
With the Videotron Take-back Credit program, you can keep your phone at the end of your 24-month agreement and reimburse the amount granted under the Take-back Credit or take your phone back to the store and choose a brand new one. A representative will assess the device to ensure it is in good condition and eligible for return.
Preparing the device for return
- Disable the activation lock (FMiP, Android lock, etc.)
- Disable screen lock, PIN or password lock
- Reset the mobile device to erase all your data
- The mobile device must not have any chips, scratches (nail depth) or cracks on the front screen and casing
- The screen glass must not be loose
- All parts of the device must be present and must not be alternative parts
- The device must not show signs of liquid damage—no LCI should be tripped
- The device must have a battery and the battery must not be swollen
- The battery cover must be present
- The device must not have been customized (no paint or stickers)
- The device must pass key functionality tests (power, home buttons, display, charging port, camera)
- The device must not have halos, white dots or discoloured screens
- The device must not have been jailbroken or rooted
Once you’ve turned in your mobile phone to Videotron, it will be refurbished and sold to give it a new life cycle.
Take-back Credit program on my invoice
The Videotron Take-back Credit program appears on your invoice in the Simplified Payment option section.
The Take-back Credit is not taxable, and is therefore applied to the balance of the device, which is divided into 24 months.
Frequently asked questions about how the Videotron Take-back Credit works
If you choose to keep your phone, you must repay the full amount of the Take-back Credit program.