What is Take-back Credit program?
With the Take-back Credit program, you get a credit on your monthly payments when you return your device in good condition at the end of your 24-month agreement.
When your agreement ends, bring your mobile phone back to the store. A representative will have a look at it to make sure it meets the return criteria.
Am I eligible for the Take-back Credit?
The program is available to anyone who purchases an eligible device and chooses the Simplified Payment option.
The amount of the credit varies depending on the type of device you choose. It is based on the device’s estimated future value.
Take-back Credit Program Terms and Conditions
Here’s how to prepare your device before returning it to the store, along with the criteria for an acceptable return.
- Disable the activation lock (FMiP, Android lock, etc.).
- Disable the screen lock, PIN, or password lock.
- Reset the device to erase all your data.
- The mobile device must not have any chips, scratches (nail depth) or cracks on the front screen and casing
- The device must not have any drop marks
- The device structure, casing, and connector must not show signs of damage
- The screen glass must not be loose
- All parts of the device must be present and must be original parts
- The device must not show any signs of liquid damage—no LCI should be tripped
- The device must have a battery and the battery must not be swollen
- The battery cover must be present
- The device must not have been customized (no paint or stickers)
- The device must pass key functionality tests (power, home buttons, display, charging port, camera)
- The device’s screen must not have any halos or white dots, and must not be discoloured
- The device must not have been jailbroken or rooted
Once you’ve turned in your mobile phone to Videotron, it will be refurbished and sold, giving it a new life.
Take-back Credit program on my invoice
The Videotron Take-back Credit program appears on your invoice in the Simplified Payment option section.
The Take-back Credit is not taxable, and is therefore applied to the balance of the device, which is divided into 24 months.
Frequently asked questions about how the Videotron Take-back Credit works
Yes. To keep your phone, simply repay the Take-back Credit program credit.