To prevent the spread of COVID-19, you can choose to install your equipment yourself with the support of a technician who will guide you remotely by phone or video call, without entering your home. Technicians will also opt for assisted installation if they consider that a situation presents a health risk.
ASSISTED INSTALLATION WITH ONE OF OUR TECHNICIANS
How will the installation be carried out?
IMPORTANT: The technician will first verify that no occupants in your home are in mandatory confinement or have COVID-19 symptoms. The installation will be postponed to a later date if these risks are present.
We will confirm our technician’s arrival twice:
- By automated call, 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The day of the appointment, to notify you that the technician is on their way.
- On the day of your appointment, the technician will check the exterior installations and ensure that the required connections are functional. They will not enter your home, they will place the equipment in front of your door. You must be there during your appointment to receive your new equipment.
- The technician will call you from outside and assist you while you install your equipment yourself. Online and paper guides are also available to help you follow the installation steps.
- The technician will only enter your home if a technical problem requires a physical intervention inside your home (ex: activating an outlet). All safety and social distancing measures will be respected.
Assisted installation is available for all our services:
- New installation
- Adding a service or equipment
- Switching your existing wired services to Helix
To sign up, contact our Customer Service Representatives and they’ll help you find the solution that best suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Receiving your equipment
We have enhanced hygiene measures in all our vehicles. There is no risk to your new equipment and the technician does not collect your old equipment. Follow recommendations and wash your hands after unpacking your equipment.
Returning your equipment
Moving your equipment
Call Customer Service 30 to 45 days prior to your move date to notify us of the change and give us your new address. On moving day, bring all your equipment to your new home and make sure you’re there during our technician’s visit. Get more information to plan your move.
Uninstalling your equipment
Unscrew the coaxial cable from your Helix Fi gateway. Disconnect the power (and Ethernet) cables from the gateway and Helix TV terminal, in addition to the HDMI cable. Remove the Wi-Fi pods from the electrical outlets.
Videotron is continuing to install essential Internet and TV services so they are safe for our technicians and customers by favouring assisted installation procedures. Mobile Phone subscriptions are not affected by these new processes as devices, SIM cards and accessories are sent through the mail.
Here are all the measures put in place to protect our customers and employees: