How to disconnect your Helix equipment
- Unplug the equipment’s power cable.
- Unscrew the coaxial cable from the device. If you cannot unscrew it due to a safety ring, cut the coaxial cable about 10 cm (4 in) from the safety socket (the modem will continue to blink, this is normal).
- Disconnect all other cables: HDMI, Ethernet, audio, etc.
Want to keep the same services at your new home? Put all the hardware (cables, equipment, accessories, remote controls, etc.) in a marked box for easy reinstallation.
Helix subscription: what to do with your old equipment
Taking advantage of your move to switch to Helix? You will need new equipment:
- The Helix Fi gateway replaces your modem and Wi-Fi router
- The Helix TV terminal replaces the illico terminal
Before moving, unplug your old equipment and dispose of it according to your situation:
- If a technician is installing Helix services at your new location, give them your old equipment.
- If you have opted to install Helix services yourself, bring your old equipment back to a point of sale.
You can sell, donate, or recycle your old equipment at your convenience.
Learn more about Helix equipment delivery and installation.
Frequently asked questions about disconnecting the equipment
Yes, as long as there are no more than 45 days between the two dates. When contacting Customer Service to plan your move, include the date on which you would like to reinstall your services.
Please note that in the meantime, you will continue to benefit from your multi-product discounts. You will also have access to our various online and mobile platforms, as well as your Voicemail (if you keep the same phone number).