Find the working coaxial wall outlets in your home. This is the outlet on your wall that your equipment is currently connected to.
Position the gateway near your most centrally located Videotron coaxial wall outlet relative to the Wi-Fi devices you want to connect./p>
To optimize your Wi-Fi signal:
- Place your Helix Fi gateway on an elevated surface in a clear space (e.g., on furniture)
- Don’t put your gateway in a closed-off piece of furniture or near objects that could block its signal or are made of metal (e.g., refrigerator, microwave, aquarium, hot water tank, steel shelves, etc.).
- If the only available coaxial outlet is at one end of your home, in the basement of a multi-storey home, or in a large or high home, you can extend your coverage by installing Wi-Fi pods.
Disconnect your old equipment.
If you have equipment that you were renting or borrowing from Videotron for your old services (e.g., Internet modem, illico terminal):
The equipment and accessories must be returned to a Videotron store within 14 days of your Helix subscription, otherwise you will be charged a fee.
To find out what equipment and accessories you need to return, see the article on Returning Old Rented Equipment.
If you bought your equipment:
You can bring your old purchased equipment (e.g., illico terminal) to one of our kiosks or stores to get them recycled.
Step 2 :
Install your Helix Fi gateway
Method A: Through the Helix Fi app
- Launch the Helix Fi app on your phone.
- Log in with your Helix login details. If you don’t have a Helix account, use the four-digit code given to you when you subscribed. You will then be prompted to create your new password.
- On the screen that appears following your authentication, select Enable your gateway.
- Touch Start and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method B: Manually connecting to the gateway
- Name your Wi-Fi network and choose a secure password that contains 8 to 64 characters, made up of letters and numbers. You can use the same information as your old Wi-Fi network to make it easier to reconnect your devices.
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the confirmation screen, click Next to complete the setup
- Once the setup is complete, you may need to connect to the Wi-Fi network using the name and password you’ve just set up.
Complete your Internet installation
Self-installing the Helix Fi gateway with the Helix Fi app
This video is in French but will soon be available in English.
Self-installing the Helix Fi gateway with the guide
Contact us: 1-833-994-3549.
Alternate installation method
If you have a smartphone with a mobile data plan, you can install your gateway using the Helix Fi app and following the on-screen steps.
The Helix Fi app will help you easily manage your Wi-Fi network to get the most out of it.